Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

What is your preferred method for rolling up a Character?

Normally I do the following, 4D6, keep the highest number.  I try to do it order as much as possible, Strength first, etc.  If I'm trying to create a specific class of character that has a minimum, when I get to that number if I don't roll something extraordinary, or if I roll say a 8 and the minimum is 9, I usually bump it up to the minimum.  On occasion I will subtract from another stat to make that work.

What's your method?

The reason I'm posting this was that I grabbed the basic fantasy rules the other day to roll up a character that was 3rd level, and it took me seriously like 10 mins, love that about OSR stuff.

1 comment:

  1. They roll (4d6) and keep the three highest numbers. Repeat 5 more times and allocate to whatever attributes they want so they can play a class they enjoy. I play S&W. Also, I give them full hit points plus their CON modifier at 1st level then 1/2 + 1 + CON bonus for the rest of the levels. So, a fighter (d8) would get 5 HP + CON bonus.

    ReplyDelete