Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 25, 26, 27, 28 - Blog hop challenge - AND DONE!

I figured I'd just hammer the last few questions, I liked this challenge but a lot of it was geared towards people who have never put their copy of the DMG down, some of the questions were difficult to answer for me, and some I just had really no idea about.  So without further ado, here's the last 4 days, and since we are already into March, I think its best to just finish this up.  

Longest running campaign you've ever been in? I'm still working on this.  More often than not its one off adventures, I believe we have re-started a few times with new characters and new scenarios.  Which is probably why I've been doing a lot more writing of adventures than actual playing, which suits me fine.

Do you still with the same group you started with? Nope, just like life, some friends go off and do their own thing, and that's cool.  I mean at first your a bit pertubed about it, but you come to realize that everyone has to find there own way.  The friends I had thru middle school to high school, we gamed a bit back in the day, but after grad we hung out for awhile and then went out separate ways, some still hang out today, but I'm not part of that group anymore.

If you had to do it all over again, would you do anything different when you first started gaming? Hmm this is a interesting question, I think I probally would have started with the red box set rather than AD&D 2e.  2e was a LOT of rules to take in when you first start reading and playing, and the price was probaly a bit much, my parents bought me the 3 books when I first started for Xmas.  It would have been 1/2 that for just the red box at the time.  Thankfully my Mom worked at a book store, so maybe she got a discount.  Now that I find the OSR community, I really like the idea of the stripped down rules, it would have been easier to play at the time I think.

What is the single most important lesson you learned from D&D? You know what I think its just the ability to be creative! You get this set of rules and you start reading and your head is swimming with ideas and possibilities & maps.  Its an awesome hobby, wether you are playing or just sitting down writing out adventures scenarios and ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment