Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Sword & Sorcery Anthology

Just finished this and returned it to the library today (The sage was pleased).  This is a great collection of S&S short stories.  As in most cases when you have a collection of stories there were a few boners, this happens.  All in all though I liked most everything I read.  I believe there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 to 15 stories.  I grabbed this from the library because I wanted to read a Grey Mouser story, and it was the only title in the entire library that had Fritz Lieber in it.  Interestingly enough that story was one of the boners!  I dug "Undertow" and "The Coral Heart", the short story about Conan was also great (I'll be picking up more Howard titles shortly).  The story by C.L Moore & Howard were written in 1932 which totally blew my mind.  Also the story written by George R.R. Martin was worth a read.

I rate this 3 pulls on "Old Toby" outta 5. 
You can grab this on amazon for fairly cheap like $10 its worth it grab it. http://www.amazon.ca/Sword-Sorcery-Anthology-Robert-Howard/dp/1616960698

No comments:

Post a Comment