Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Writers block? no no that didn't happen to me, maybe bloggers block

Sure that's what I'm going to call  it.  The honest truth is I've been really working hard on a new module.  At least in my head sorting out a bunch of ideas.  I've also drawn another 2 maps,, with one more in the works.  That being said, I've also been silly busy at work lately which sorta cuts into the bloggin time.  So technically if we are calling a spade a spade, I don't really have bloggers block so much as I'm outta time.  That was a friggin ramble.

On to a few little tidbits.

I realized during the aftermath of the creation process for the overrun mines, I inadvertently used a few ideas that I was going to use for my bigger module that I have been working on. So I have to do some re-working on that.

I find that some of my best ideas come about because of conversations that I have had either in a google + forum or directly with all the awesome RPG peeps on Google +.  I need to get back to doing a bit more reading.

Another thing that I did was to start re drawing a few of my original map sketches.  I had this problem of thinking that stuff was "set in stone".  That should never be the case, its a good way to paint yourself into a corner.  (same goes for music).  So I managed to re-work some maps, and as I said above draw some new ones.  Part of me wants to grab a lighter, burn everything and start from scratch, I just might do that! haha.

I have also come to the conclusion, that I want to start working on a campaign setting of my very own.  I have a reasonable amount of ideas laid out.  Politics, a few hex maps, town/city names, factions, etc.  I don't know if this is something that is even marketable at all? and in all honesty I think I'd just throw it up on drivethru for giggles.  I maybe wrong here, but I feel like GM's  either go with a nice laid out wotc campaign setting, or create one of their own (so they can bend the rules... what rules?).  Personally I've always dug creating my own.  And now that my brain has caught up a little bit (ie not 16 anymore).  I have clear concrete ideas about what I would like in a setting.

Another thing I realized that would be extremely flocking handy,(no that isn't auto correct, I wrote fucking then spell checked it and it came up with flocking and I thought that was awesome)  and I may just have to do it, is the RANDOM NPC CHART! Seriously go ahead, beat me to the punch on this one, but here's my thoughts.

Random job (from Ad&d 2e DM's guide), surf thru dragon magazines for elf, dwarf names that were published ( I know they did a few charts), and then I've seen a few character trait charts,  this would be super handy.  I sometimes get in the middle of telling a story, and I get hung up on the guy they are talking to in the tavern.  And you really can't use the same creepy dude everytime can you?

Damn it I am going to spend all night working on this aren't I?

Ramble on......


No comments:

Post a Comment