Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Bit of a epiphany

As per usual walking to work this morning and my mind wanders to all things D&D.  Just a note, its getting cold! I can see my breath already in the morning.  And the Geese are making their way south already.

Anyhow I was thinking about "The Lizardmen Of Illzathatch" that I wrote.  What if the shields of Atreu didn't actually deal with her?


The description of the adventure is the following:

The green dragon Illzathatch has been dispatched by local heroes “The Shields of Atreu”, thus ending his reign of terror across the countryside.  Only one problem remains, the adventuring party left to raid the lair of the dragon, they have not been seen since. 


Obviously the rest of this post may contain some spoilers from that adventure.  Warning. 


If you've ran or read the adventure, you know that the Shields of Atreu were murdered, you will also know that Illzathatch had a daughter Hazathatch.  As to what happened to her, well that really depends on your players.  The question that came to my mind is, what if the Shields never dispatched her?  What if they just told everyone that?  Maybe they made a deal with her?  Then they went off to go and loot her lair, and were by happenstance killed off.  


If I write something, I will definitely leave Ms Hazathatch out of it at this point.  I'm thinking about part 2, the return of Illzathatch. 



The other thing I've been thinking about is "The Tomb Of Gardag The Strange", and doing something similar with that module.  A good possibility that I can amalgamate the both of these ideas.  As you may know Gardag had this bad assed cult of followers that died off after he was killed.  (Most of which drank some purple koolaid).  That said, what if Hamona's brother kept the cult going secretly? In my current old school game the players ran thru the Tomb after being sent on the quest by Hamona (just as the module was written), however the twist was that Hamona was a thief as well!  So she patiently waited outside of the tomb for the PC's to bring her fathers dagger, but also all of the gold and treasure! 

Tonight, I'll probably start working on some dungeons, drawing them up. 


As well I should really try and do another Free Map Friday, that was fun and I thought about trying to do it every other week as I'm not as prolific as I could be. 


EDIT:  Try as I might, the fonts are all fuckey, I should really type blog posts up in word then copy and paste em, sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment