Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Just figured out a good twist

I just figured out a great twist for my old school campaign.  The players are currently in an alternate dimension demon lair.  Once they get out of there (if they get out of there, hehehe).  I plan to have time travel backwards a bit.

The players will retain all of their memories.  I am unsure as to wether I will keep them at the same level, or at a previous level.  However, the following is happening.

A horde of hobgoblins have overtaken the north and are on their way to destroy the southern lands, including Elerd's Keep.  They have already demolished an elven stronghold at this point.

Once the players come out thru the planar gate, time will go backwards to prior to the fall of the Elven stronghold.  

I will have to figure out a nifty way to explain this, but this should make for some interesting playing.  Since the players are aware of the impending doom upon the lands, and the way to stop it.  This will give them a bit of time.  As well some choices in the matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Couple of interesting news bits. 

*First off if you haven't heard of the Old School Blues Podcast - Here's the link (it's worth a listen) featuring +Erik Tenkar & +Vincent Florio

Apes Victorious - Was released yesterday.  You groggily come back to consciousness after a long cryosleep. Your ship’s warning system is telling you the ship has entered the atmosphere of a planet and is about to crash land under autopilot. Crawling to a seat, you buckle in, joining your fellow astronauts as you quickly check instrument readings.

As well, if you are backer for "The Pyramid Of The Lost King" the art lite pdf has been released.  I have a copy and am currently reading it.  As soon as I have some time I'll post up a brief review and my thoughts on it.  So far, it's pretty bad assed! Lots of great writing and cool maps.   I plan to run this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment