Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

D&D 30 Day Challenge - Day 19 Favorite Monster - Elemental/Plant

I think this one is going to be quite obvious, probably for a lot of people.  I'm going with the Treant, known as the Shepard's of the forest.  Most famously from the Lord Of The Rings , "Treebeard".  I've never ran one of these guys in a game, but now I think I'll have to! My wife and I love these guys.  We have these old elms in our neighborhood, (like really old 100+ years) they are  super tall, like you can walk down my street in a rain storm and not get wet tall!  On the tree outside of our house we got some ceramic eyes & a nose and taked them to the tree, so he looks like a treant protecting our house.  Also my wife just finished up ceramic's class and she made 2 different Treant's for our deck, there both flower pots.  One of which the flowers grow out of his head, cool huh!


From SRD: A treant’s leaves are deep green in the spring and summer. In the fall and winter the leaves change to yellow, orange, or red, but they rarely fall out. A treant’s legs fit together when closed to look like the trunk of a tree, and a motionless treant is nearly indistinguishable from a tree.
A treant is about 30 feet tall, with a "trunk" about 2 feet in diameter. It weighs about 4,500 pounds.
Treants speak their own language, plus Common and Sylvan. Most also can manage a smattering of just about all other humanoid tongues—at least enough to say "Get away from my trees!"

No comments:

Post a Comment