Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Running Ravenloft?

As the news spreads of the FREE Ravenloft module - http://www.rpgnow.com/product/17493/RQ1-Night-of-the-Walking-Dead-2e?src=salepage&it=1&affiliate_id=1446
"Night of the walking dead".  I find myself deciding I'm going to give it a go! Hopefully I can find some players to jump in on Halloween night, or the Saturday, whatever works.  The first thing that comes to my mind though is, what do I do for Characters? To me this doesn't feel like something I should be running with the typical high fantasy Dwarves & Elves.  I mean I guess it could be done.  I'll need to do a bit more research about the Ravenloft world obviously.  Just wondering what PC types you'd run? Character classes etc?

I have a few older Dragon magazines with some Ravenloft stuff in them, that I'll peruse as well.

The first thing that comes to mind is a Bard , and maybe a swashbuckling type fighter/thief.  Thankfully I have been reading thru the 2e books lately.  I probally don't have enough time to read and digest the Call Of Cthulu grind house rules, but that could be fun as well.  I had read that someone was going to give DCC a go, using the old funnel type situation.





No comments:

Post a Comment