Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

This is a great article

How "Dungeons & Dragons" saved my autistic son.  
http://www.salon.com/2014/04/15/how_dungeons_dragons_saved_my_autistic_son_partner/

See above article.

My nephew has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, and I found a lot of similarity's with the child in this article & my nephew.  The article was very inspiring to me.  My nephew tends to have outbursts, and talks out of turn, gets excited and has mild cases of ADD (Just like his Uncle!).  He is however extremely creative, an amazing lego & minecraft guy, and he's a huge spiderman & fantasy fan.  

Lately I've been reading the mini6 rules, and I've been enjoying them a lot.  Off the top of my head, I am sure I could pull off a super hero RPG from that. Alternatively some Basic D&D or Blueholme might just be the perfect thing.  I would have to add in the initiative rules for a Blueholme game though, as per the article.  I think its good to have a set order of play, especially in this case.  Another thing I quite like is descending AC in this instance, as it promotes subtracting.

I'll keep you posted on it.





No comments:

Post a Comment